Assuming you had a couple hours to read our last post “Challenge This Mole” you will be relieved at the brevity of this post. No time to be witty here, we are starving and about to go make another tasty delicious feast or TDF as my friends like to call it. This will be our 8th post. Weak sauce, unlike our mole.
By the way, we are super proud of this one – it was one of the best tasting dinners we’ve ever made. 🙂 best served with a glass of bourbon on the rocks! Really brings out the complexity of the mole over the pizza
Mole Negro-Smoked Gouda-Chorizo-Roasted Red Pepper – Grilled Pizza (open to suggestions for a new name)
- Mole sauce from previous post
- Smoked Gouda cheese – shredded
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Thinly sliced red pepper
- spicy chorizo sausage – pulled from its casings
- pizza crust – homeade or whole foods dough (which we used)
- Semolina flour
- Heat up mole sauce and simmer on low
- Prepare charcoal grill
- Prepare the dough into Pizza rounds and apply semolina flour for crust and carefully grill one side. Removed and bring back inside.
- Take uncooked chorizo and cook on medium heat until nicely browned and in small pieces
- Build pizza mole sauce smeared first on grilled side. Then add sliced red pepper, cooked chorizo, shredded gouda, and mozzarella throughout.
- Put pizza back on grill – cover and let cook to let cheese melt divinely over the top and to let the pepper slightly brown.
- It doesn’t take long so watch carefully otherwise dough will burn!
- Take off the grill slice it up and enjoy